Happy + 7 Tips To Get Happy Quick!
See my Happy + 7 Tips to get happy Quick! Who hasn’t fallen in love with the song ‘Happy’ by Pharrell Williams? The song and dance moves are popular all around the world!
My husband bought the song to my attention a few months back and I loved it; immediately sensing the spiritual sentiment of the song. Have you noticed there are quite a few pop songs with positive messages lately? I sense a spiritual revolution coming on!
Happiness is defined by the Oxford Dictionary as ‘feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.’
“Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony”. Mahatma Ghandhi.
Being happy though is a feeling that is on the inside. Looking for happiness externally is illusion as it usually involves controlling another person or situation. We look for more money, that special someone, to lose weight or get that fabulous job. And believe that these things will bring about happiness. But they cannot bring about long-term happiness according to spiritual law. Because that kind of control is ego based.
Finding happiness within is a case of tuning into your own happiness vibration. Look within to a place inside to FEEL happy. And cultivate your thoughts, your behaviors and your intentional practices.
Remember, we are all made up of energy. Vibrating atoms consisting of protons, neurons and electrons. Why is it you can be happy one moment and then sad the next? Sometimes its because you are picking up on another’s vibrations. Although, it could be your vibe too so always check-in.
Another craze is ‘100 Happy Days’ where individuals find something that brings them small doses of ‘Happy’ for 100 days in a row and post a daily picture on social media with the #100HappyDays. I guess the intention is to bring awareness to and raise and spread the happy vibe.
The thing is when you tune up and raise your vibration you get to pass on ‘the happy’ to someone else. In this way you can change the World and start a Happy Revolution.
What makes you happy? Let me know in the comments. See my 7 tips to Get Happy Quick!
7 Tips to Get Happy Quick
- Take 5 minutes of stillness. Sit quietly. Take some deep inhalations through the nose and exhale the air out of your open mouth; make the sound Ahh. Do this a few times. Tune-in to a calm place inside yourself. Quieting the mind raises your vibrations and can bring about the feeling of happiness on the inside. Feel into that space and cultivate those feelings of happiness for yourself.
- Be Present. The past has gone and the future is not here yet. Being aware that you are in present moment is a super important habit to develop. You can tap your legs or ping an elastic band around your wrist every so often to remind yourself to be present. Practice becoming aware when you are future tripping or in the past and then bring yourself back to now.
- Expect the Best. Be open to the Universe supplying you tons of goodness every day. Expect the best from every situation. Expect to find a parking space when you next need one. Expect to have a great day or a fantastic outcome to a problem that has been foxing you.
- Music. Listening to music can raise the vibration and increase feelings of happiness and well-being. Create a happy playlist on your iphone/ipad.
- Dancing. In homeopathy there is a remedy called “Sepia”. The remedy was oft indicated when a woman with certain symptoms “felt better upon going out dancing”. The thing is, dancing is a way for your spirit inside to move your body. Close your eyes so that your not self-conscious and move your body to some beautiful, uplifting music. Allow YOUR SPIRIT inside to move YOU.
- Ritual. Having a ritual that you love can make you feel at ease and comfortable. Which in turn brings you happiness. For example, on weekends I love to listen to the radio and have it playing pretty much 24/7 in the background. I find comfort in listening to the same radio shows each week. It probably brings back childhood memories as mum always had the radio playing in the kitchen, listening to her talk shows.
- Heart-list. Keep a list of your loves. Write a list of 20 things you love to do. Do them as much as you can. I have written about a heart-list here.
What about you? What rituals do you love? As you can see, these are all simple steps you can introduce right away. And they don’t necessarily cost any money.
Now as Pharrell says; “clap along if you feel like a room without a roof”!
I would love for you to share what’s on your happy play-list below in the comments!
Liking this content? Sign up below for my Newsletter + free updates and receive a free gift too!
Image credit: Unsplash
Trackback from your site.